December 30th, 2013 Miguel A. Delgado Jr, MD
San Francisco, California-With the same quality of concierge care offered to Dr. Delgado’s cosmetic plastic surgery patients, is the “Non-Surgical Center of Excellence” for those patients that are having one of the many non-invasive procedures that are now available.
These days it is possible to improve your appearance and reduce signs of aging without undergoing surgery. Subtle changes can make a big difference in how you feel about yourself. There are many patients who are not ready for surgery for reasons such as:
1. Busy schedules which do not allow downtime for recovery
2. Minimal signs of aging, not requiring surgery yet
3. Budget restrictions
4. Fear of surgery or anesthesia
Many non-surgical options that are available today have become extremely popular because of great results with little risk, downtime, side effects, and relatively affordable.
The exciting procedures available to patients are:
1. CoolSculpting is a non-surgical treatment that reduces pockets of fat mainly in the abdomen and love handles. An area of fat is placed between two cooling plates bringing intense coldness that kills the fat cells and is naturally eliminated by the body. The treatment takes about an hour per area, and the results will be evident within 2 to 3 months with clothes starting to feel loose within 2 to 3 weeks! There is minimal pain and bruising with CoolSculpting and patients are able to return to normal activities in the same day.
2. Ultherapy is the only FDA approved non-surgical treatment for lifting the skin of the face and neck. Ultherapy stimulates growth of new collagen by ultrasound waves, going 3 times deeper than any other non-surgical procedure. New collagen can continue to develop for up to 6 months. Patients have no downtime and are able return to regular activities. This is an excellent treatment for those not quite ready for a facelift or for those who have a want a refresher.
3. Fat injections or grafting is growing in popularity. A persons own fat is one of best fillers available, producing safe, long lasting, natural appearing results. It is used for rejuvenation the hands and face, filling in scars and depressions caused by liposuction, for example, gynecomastia patients that may have had too much fat removed from their chests leaving what is referred to as a “crater deformity”. Dr. Delgado now has fat banking available to his patients through AdiCyte which makes collection and banking at the time of a surgical procedure easy and convenient.
4. Botox injections improves moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows, forehead and crow’s feet. Botox is the single most popular non-surgical treatment in the United States with over six million patients treated in 2012, which is up 8% from 2011.
5. Multiple Facial Injectables come in a wide variety, each with its own advantages for a safe non-invasive way to smooth and beautify your skin. The best way to determine the best injectable for you is to have a consultation with Dr. Delgado to discuss the benefits of; Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse, Sculptra and Artefill.
6. Diolite is a laser used for the treatment of red facial vessels, age spots, skin tags and cherry angiomas. The Diolite laser can make an immediate and dramatic improvement by closing the vessels which may them vanish.
7. Photo-Facial can even out skin tone, shrink pores, treat rosacea, brown spots, broken capillaries, and spider veins with an intense pulsed light (IPL), restoring the skin’s youthful appearance.
8. Laser Hair Removal is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures performed in the United States. Hair is removed by beams of highly concentrated light designed to penetrate the hair follicles. The amount of treatments that will be needed depends on the area for removal. Popular areas of removal are; the face, underarms, legs and bikini line.
The treatments available for the “Non-Surgical Center of Excellence” continue to grow as Dr. Delgado keeps all safe, innovative procedures available to his patients. Call today for a free consultation at (415) 898-4161 or email.